Huwebes, Hunyo 30, 2011

OST

Original sound tracks are vital parts of a series (as u already know, am pertaining to Korean series) because these serve as drugs that will make us even more addicted to the drama we’re watching. Here are some of my drugs:
(you can click the links below)

1. Perhaps Love by J and Howl (Goong) 

            Every time I hear this song, I feel like living in the palace with Janelle and Gian in Princess Hours. The melody is so sophisticated and the lyrics are very touching (dealing with uncertainties of true love). I’m an inspired princess in this song. I do not like the Tagalog version of this song (sang by Rachel Ann G. and Christian B.), the original one is still better. (this series started it all for me!)

2. Still by A.N.Jell (/Minamishineyo/You’re Beautiful)

            This song reminds me of attending the concert of angel-like band, “A.N.Jell mida!” I must say that this song is a masterpiece! I love how Jeremy, Kang Shin Woo and (of course!) Hwang Tae Kyung sang it! It’s really refreshing and full of good vibes. The melody is really catchy! ‘Promise’ by A.N.Jell is also a great OST! (Sana totoo na lang silang boy group in SK)


3. Without Words by Jang Geun Suk (You’re Beautiful)
            This is a touching song from the series. The song written by Hwang Tae Kyung but was debuted by Go Mi Nam— really heartfelt! I keep on reminiscing my memorable scenes in the series like the moon-and-sun scene at the province (episode 5), the kissing scene in episode 11, the fan meeting and I-like-you moment at the end of episode 13 and the ‘kiligest’ finale (concert).
            Actually, You’re Beautiful has one of the greatest set of OST’s. (Promise, Still, Without Words, Lovely Day and What Should I Do)

4. Can’t Believe It by Younha (Personal Taste)

            These are both cute and light songs from the series. These remind me of how cute the story was and how funny Jin Ho was to be mistaken as a gay. Haha. Actually, I did not like the story of this series, I just watch it because of Min Ho’s spell. 


5. Dropping Rain by Kim Tae Woo (Personal Taste)
            I really admire how Koreans compose songs especially the ballad or slow ones. I mean, of course I do not understand the lyrics because of the language barrier but the melody and the way they sing, for me, is unbelievable. Four thumbs up for this song! (But my personal taste is that, ____ is not that compatible with Lee Min Ho because I think she’s quite old for him but still pretty like in Endless Love: Summer Scent)

6. Kiss Me by G.NA (Playful Kiss)

            Playful Kiss is a version of a Taiwanese series (ISWAK) and it’s not the ‘kiligest’ series for me because I basically know what will happen. I just love this series because of its mood— young and childlike yet soooo romantic (adding the wedding theme at the start of every episode) and this song reflects the mood that I felt in this fairy-tale-like series!
7. One More Time by Kim Hyun Joong (Playful Kiss)
            I do not like Hyun Joong in Boys Over Flowers (I repeat) but I like him as Baek Seung Jo here. I guess, it’s because of Min Ho’s too perfect aura (as Gu Jun Pyo in BoF) and that Hyun Joong is more of a leading man. Then, I love him because of this song. His voice is very moving. Try to listen and fall in love. Watch out for Playful Kiss on GMA7, is it still airing? Haha. IDK. I just don’t like Seung Jo’s name there, Jelo.
8. Appear by Kim Bum Soo (Secret Garden)

            Secret Garden is a complete series with an even more complete set of OST’s. However, I like this song a lot (I thought this was sung by Lee Hongki) because of its upbeat tempo. It’s really matched with Ra Im’s action scenes and Joo Won’s and Oska’s funny gestures. I think that SG is a weird series as a whole but I would remember it as the first series that made me really cry (as in baby cry!) because of Kim Joo Won’s farewell letter, Episode 17.
9. Because of You by B2ST (My Princess)

            Patterned to Goong, I personally guess that the theme song of My Princess will also sound regal or traditional but it’s not. I love its loose and unique tone—really fit for Lee Sol’s outrageous personality and Hae Young’s childlike gestures especially in Episode 15.

10. Found You by J.Y.J. (Jungsu, Jejung and Yoochun) (Sungkyunkwan Scandal)
            I‘m badly missing this series every time I hear this song! I really love watching this 20-episode drama. It’s the only historical-patterned Korean series that I’ve watched. The story is peculiar— a girl wanting to prove her worth during the Joseon dynasty. It is also a love story, WITH THREE LEADING MEN. I like Yoochun as a singer. I miss Gu Yong Ha’s killer smile and funny antics. I miss Moon Jae Shin as he is— the bad guy whom I fell in love with. How’s that? Btw, is it true that GMA7 already had its broadcast rights? I thought (and I would be really really glad if) ABS-CBN got it. I love this series!

11. For You It’s Separation, To Me It’s Waiting by J.Y.J. (Sungkyunkwan Scandal)
Moon Jae Shin (Geol Oh)
            I really love this song. The title already depicts the meaning and it’s a reality for some people who are in love but willing to wait. The way J.Y.J especially Yoochun (yes, bias but actually he’s the least guy that I like in the series) sang it was even more striking. I remember Moon Jae Shin/Geol Oh (Yoo Ah In) in this song. He’s my ideal man here— fierce and snob but really funny, loyal and is willing to sacrifice his life for his love, for friendship and for his country (as the Red Messenger).

12. Hello, Hello by Jang Geun Suk (Mary Stayed Out all Night)
Kang Mu Gyul (Michael)

            Yes, I’m bias to JGS because I love everything about him especially his voice. This song became my caller ringtone for almost a month. I want to be Mary! I always remember the concert scene where Kang Mu Gyul shouted “Merry Christmas saranghe!” before singing this song. The sweetest, is he? It replaced my ever fave Gumiho at ABS-CBN. 

13. Maybe (You’re the One) by Suzy and Kim Soo-Hyun (Dream High)

            Dream High is the freshest musical drama series I’ve ever watched and it’s an unforgettable 16-episode classic for me. This song is written by Song Sam Dong is this series and he sang it with Go Hye Mi on their fake showcase. I love it because it brings me a feeling of being in love for the first time— such a serene moment for me every time I hear this. Maybe you’re the one!


14. Tell Me Your Wish-Genie by IU, Suzy, Taecyeon and Kim Soo-Hyun (Dream High)
            This is the song that made me love SNSD. They are the modern-day genies—sexy, hip and very attractive (wish granted guys?) especially Seo Hyun (because I’m a YongSeo fan). The casts of You’re Beautiful did a parody of this song (I looooove it) but the version of the Dream High stars was amazing! I love Ok Taecyeon here, he’s hot! Suzy is also fab here. Sweet sixteen!

15. Dream High by Dream High casts (Dream High)
            This is a very very inspirational song for me. It’s upbeat but the lyrics is stunning! It’s all about living our dreams and undergoing difficulties in achieving those. Have you watched the special concert of Dream High? It’s very romantic and inspiring for me. I’m really thankful that there will be Dream High 2 (expected to air on January 2012). Gotta wait for that Dreamers and Milky Couple fans!

16. Someday by IU (Dream High)
Milky Couple
            This is the theme song of the Milky Couple (Jason and Kim Pil Suk). I love them because their love story is very cute. I love Jason (and love Jang Woo Young even more in person) because he’s such a gentleman and he can REALLY dance, man! I wanna be like Pil Suk because her determination is admirable, she’s very pretty and really a melodic genius. This song knocked me down. It’s sweet and heartfelt and IU is the best at doing that! Someday, I’ll find my own Jason, dream high Dianne! Haha.

(it's the special concert clip, kilig!)

            Here we go now to my favorite series of all time, Hoy! Hoy! My Girlfriend is a Gumiho which aired on ABS-CBN last May and I’m the happiest! This series is maybe underrated but believe me; you’ll definitely laugh and cry and fall in love with Dae Woong and Mi Ho (and fall completely for Doctor Park Dong Ju!). 


17. Trap by No Min Woo (My GF is a Gumiho)
No Min Woo

            This song is kinda mysterious and weird because it’s for Park Dong Ju’s scenes. Yet I find it very interesting (as No Min Woo sang it) then. The second perfectly-crafted man on earth (next to Lee Min Ho) for me can even sing? What the! I just hope he’ll be given a big break in his career because he is really deserving. 


18. Fox Rain by Lee Sun Hee (My GF is a Gumiho)
            Shi Min Ah is beautiful and this song made her even more beautiful. It’s more of humming but for me, that’s what made this song really special. It sounds really mysterious, heartbreaking and magical. Dubidoo bi doo!

19. From Now On I Love You by Lee Sung Gi (My GF is a Gumiho)
            Lee Sung Gi may not be the best-looking actor in Korea but he’s the most talented— as an actor and as a singer. This song reminds me the joy of having someone to love faithfully forever (and that made me sad). Sung Gi’s voice is magical. He’s really good at making his songs touch many people’s hearts. Saranghe!

20. Losing My Mind by Lee Sung Gi (My GF is a Gumiho)
            I lose my mind whenever I hear this song. I sing and dance like crazy because of its tempo. Lee Sung Gi is really a great artist! This song is really suited for the series because the scenes can really make the viewers misplace their minds— very hilarious and very touching! This song and this series are highly recommended!

            Here we go again. Dianne Grace Pahati, the ultimate PR girl of her favorites! I just want to share the happiness that I’m feeling whenever I hear these songs and whenever I watch these series. It’s really a great pleasure!   
            Music is really the universal language and a Filipina loving Korean songs is a clear proof of that. It’s not just about the lyrics; it’s the melody and the way they (Koreans) sing that made me decode the messages of the songs beyond its lyrics. In that way, I feel like understanding these songs on the fist time I hear these.

Singing…I mean signing off,
Dada. 

 

1 komento:

  1. hey friend can i ask you... is there upcoming season 3 in playful-kiss? need to know it.... super fan kasi akuh nang tv series na yan ...

    TumugonBurahin